The format is informal - each week someone will introduce the chosen film, set the context, make some observations. This is a chance for students and staff to speak candidly about what they've seen. Afterwards a healthy discussion of the film ensures. There may even be a little analysis!
You can stay abreast of future screenings and events by 'liking' the Facebook page
Cineclub | Promote your Page too
The first film will be Låt den rätte komma in / Let the Right One In (Tomas Alfredson 2008).
The full programme can be found below:
- 29th September: Låt den rätte komma in / Let the Right One In (Tomas Alfredson 2008)
- 6th October: The Laughing Policeman (Stuart Rosenberg 1973)
- 13th October: In Bruges (Martin McDonagh 2008)
- 20th October: Le Jour se lève/ Daybreak (Marcel Carné 1939)*
- 27th October: Pontypool (Bruce McDonald 2008)*
- 3rd November: Convoy (Sam Peckinpah 1978)
- 10th November: Matinee (Joe Dante 1993)*
- 17th November: Under Construction/En Construcción (José Luis Guerín 2001)
- 24th November: Law & Order (G.F Newman 1978)
- 1st December: Farewell my Concubine (Kaige Chen 1993)
- 8th December: The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (Seth Gordon 2007)
- 15th December: Dogtooth (Giorgos Lathimos 2009)
We look forward to seeing you there!
View David Puttnam Media Centre in a larger map