Below you should be able to see a little table charting the content I grabbed and an overview of the estimated value for that month...
Back in September Sony released the following content for Plus subscribers:
- PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
- minis: Vector Tower Defense, Echoes
- PSOne Classic: Abe's Odysee
- Full Game Trial: Warhawk (Plus exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Inferno Pool
- Exclusive Discounts: LittleBigPlanet Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack - 50%; Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%; Warhawk – 50%; Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
- DLC Exclusive: UFC Undisputed 2010
- Dynamic Themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme; Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
- Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar; Eye Pet DJ Avatar
On top of that there were a few additional add-ons. New subscribers to the annual package were given the full game (digital download) of Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty to keep permanently. Early access to the following demos were also given: God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP),
PES 2011 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. If that wasn't enough on the 27th of September Plus subscribers were also given exclusive beta access to the multiplayer version of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - this was something worth having! Oh, and an exclusive Infamous 2 theme, although that wasn't much to shout about. Below is the table of content I downloaded:
The total monthly savings for August (£20.34) and September (£29.45) had I paid for this would be £49.79. If we include the £14.77 from the month of July then the running total quarter way through the year stands at £64.56.
It's very difficult to measure how much the exclusive content costs, especially as the beta for Assassin's Creed has been rumoured to go on a more general release for non-subscribers at a later date, but it certainly did sweeten the deal. It's also not the last beta to be announced - read on.
The following material has been announced by Sony for October:
- PSN: Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
- minis: Aero Racer, Yeti Sports
- PSOne Classic: Syphon Filter
- Full Game Trial: Ferrari The Race Experience; Tomb Raider Underworld
- Exclusive Discounts: Burn Zombie Burn - 50% discount (inc. free exclusive Home item for Plus members who buy); Trine – 50% discount; Alien Breed: Impact – 20% discount; Gravity Crash – 50% discount; Ace Armstrong Vs. The Alien Scumbags – 20% – day 1 discount; Shatter soundtrack and Dynamic Theme – 50% discount
- DLC Exclusive: n/a
- Dynamic Themes: Exclusive Move ‘Start the Party’ theme; Exclusive ‘Halloween’ theme
- Premium avatars: Pain: Jarvis and Le Toot Avatars (2); SingStar: Wannabe and Rising Star Avatars (2)
October did look a little underwhelming in terms of content (with the exception of the acclaimed Trine at half price) until the announcement that Killzone 3 would be an exclusive beta for the first 10,000 Plus subscribers who sign up on October 13th. This is a real draw as Killzone 2 is one of the best FPS games on the system. Also, any new annual subscribers get an extra 3 months of Plus for no extra cost. IS ta enough to make you buy?